Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Exploration 8

Essay two where we had to write about a time where we learned something. This one was the most fun to write and had a lot of meaning. I talked about a special needs boy I helped with my senior year of high school and how he taught me that its easy to look on the brighter side of things. One of my favorite parts was when I wrote about a time that he had had a bad day in gym class and I told him that it was okay and that I wasn't mad at him and when we got back to the room he asked me stay him for a few more minutes till he calmed down, and then after about 5 minutes I asked him if it was okay if I left and he told me to stay the whole day. It was just a sweet moment and it's one of my favorite moments. The other moment I wrote about was a time my grandfather taught me and my cousins to be grateful for how easy we had it in life by telling stories of his father and grandfathers lives on the reservation and how life was hard for him growing up in a time where Native's were treated poorly. The most powerful part about that story was some how he stated he wasn't ashamed of where he came from and that he will always honor his heritage and for us to be grateful towards him and our parents for all the hard work for us to live a wonderful life.

Recently there was a little boy from Childrens who made a video for Cardale Jones wishing him luck for the Wisconsin game by telling him to "be brave, if i can beat cancer, you can beat Wisconsin.Go bucks!" I just thought it was so sweet and I definitely cried! Kids are just so sweet, I sometimes feel like theyre smarter than adults. This little boy just seems to have such a big heart. I just found this video to be so cute and sweet.It definitely touched my heart. Pediatric cancer is a cause that means a lot to me. A little boy I coached had it but he is now fully recovered and a level 5 gymnast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg1E2D_LhAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.