Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Exploration 8-Nick Bogdue

1. This was from one of my papers I wrote in this class, and I like it because this was a great time in my life that I will never forget.

I worked there almost every day in the summer, with one other person working with me. I became really good friends with the people I worked in the trailer with, because we would spend nine hours a day locked inside a food truck together, so we got to know each other pretty well. When i was at Flannagans it didn’t even feel like work because I had so much fun. We were not very busy, which led to my manager having to shut it down, but while it was open, it was a blast. I would just sit in there, watching people play volleyball right in front of us. Then i could just open the back door and watch people swim and drink in the pool bar. Since me and my friend Brian worked there so much, the workers at Flannagans and usual customers there would get to know us, and we all became pretty good friends. I would be leaning over the trailer, and workers would just come give me random high fives. Another reason I loved the trailer was because since people got alcohol there, they would give pretty good tips once they've had a couple. We would see a lot of interesting things there, have had some crazy situations, and saw some things I probably shouldn’t write about in this paper. We have had customers try to slip us beer, but we would politely refuse. One time we had this guy try and walk in the trailer because he thought the girl I was working with was cute, but thankfully he came to his senses and walked out when we asked him to leave.   We would have a lot of people tip more then the amount there food was worth, which made me extremely happy. The food truck was amazing, and I made memories there that will last a lifetime.

2. I chose to do lyrics to one of my favorite songs,The Last to Say, by Atmosphere. I love this song so much, and the lyrics in it are so deep. It's a really sad song about abuse, but the way Atmosphere tells the story is really poetic, and definitely worth a listen!
As far back as he cares to remember,
He used to see his old man lose the temper.
And Mama's pretty face'd catch it all.
On a regular basis the nest would fall.
But he was always safe from dad's rage
'Cause mama's sacrifice in his place.
Two dozen years, Of the blood sweet and tears.
Avoid the mirror, losin' her hair from the fear.
She never left him, stayed inside.
He beat her up until the day that he died.
In fact the biggest beating was the day that he died.
Cause now it's too late for her to make a new life.
She gets to mourn for the touch of a punch.
Won't ever admit that she ain't clutching it much.
Someday she'll die and still won't be done.
The anger lives on through their son.

Cause he saw, he caught it all,
A childhood of watchin' ma and pa get raw.
It's too bad for him; Naw' that's half the truth.
Cause you back with him now and he's smackin' you.
What happened to you? You don't have a clue.
Did your mamma use to suffer accidents too?
I never knew that you would stand for abuse.
I guess I just assumed that you would pack up and move.
Think about when you left him, Last time,
You said out loud, You'd never forgive past crime.
Sunglasses so dark, scarf around the neck to cover the choke marks.
And since you got it justify returnin',
You convinced yourself that he's just a hurt person.
You wanna blame that cross he bares,
But his pop's not there when he tosses you down stairs.

Let me be the last to say, please don't stay.
Let me be the last to say, you won't be okay.

Please put your shoes on and step into that warm weather.
Go get yourself a more better forever.
Gotta put it down, you gotta leave it,
And don't ever come back again; You gotta mean it.
Just tear it all apart and build new,
Cause' if you don't kill him he's gonna kill you.
You can't hold hands when they make fists,
And I ain't the first to say this but,

Let me be the last to say, please don't stay.
Let me be the last to say, you won't be okay.
Let me be the last to say, please don't stay.

Here is a picture of Atmosphere

Here is a picture of the place I talked about in my writing, Flannagan's.





1 comment:

  1. That's cool that you got to work in a food truck and it sounded like your job was a good time even though you had to work almost every day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.