Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Exploration 8 Mary Knab

1) My favorite piece of writing that I enjoyed was Essay #1. This essay was when we were supposed to "profile" someone or some place. My original piece was not as well as it should have been but while redoing my writing, I felt as if that was my best piece. The way I progressed from when we did our first paper to now was a crazy transformation. I didn't feel as if I was changing as a writer until I redid the paper and saw the difference between the two essays. I talked about my dad which was a hard topic to talk about but once I started talking about him, it was very hard to stop. I started to think about all the reasons why he makes such a good father and how I am going to prove to everyone in one essay. Here is a little snippet of my paper which, I feel like I did a good job representing how I felt at that moment and my thoughts.

"In February of 2014 my father was taken into the hospital for a tumor in his stomach. The doctors were pretty sure that the tumor was cancerous and that he might not have much longer as he had been losing a lot of blood. Selfishly, I began thinking about everything that he would miss in my life; walking me down the isle, graduating college, being a grandfather, and so on. It was earth-shattering news for our family that no one expected. During his time in the hospital,  all my dad could think about was his family; not work, not his health, nothing but what matters most to him. Once again he pushed through a rough patch in his life and today he is better than ever. It was a long recovery but my dad is one of the strongest fighters I know. Just the thought of loosing my father still gives me the goosebumps to this day."


2) One thing I want to share with my class is that live every day like it could be your last. You don't know what will happen tomorrow so love the ones around you and start to respect people as if you could lose them at any moment. I feel like nowadays people take a lot for granted and kids my age expect a lot from people because of the way we were raised or where we grew up. The best thing you can do is learn who you are and treat people the way you would want to be treated. I have met a lot of people in this class that made the semester very fun and exciting to learn and everyone has their own special talent you just need to find it to let it out. Do what YOU love, and make your life YOURS.

2 comments:

  1. That paragraph about your dad is super scary! I dont know what id do without my dad. You second part to this is very uplifting and it makes me happy haha people do take a lot for granted and im definitely guilty of that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loved the piece you chose to share. That super scary about your Dad but awesome that you realized life is short and we have to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.