Thursday, October 23, 2014

Exploration 5 Chandler Fullenkamp

1.  I think Esther has meant the most the most so far because she is the symbol of hope for Ismael.  Without her help, Ismael probably would've never committed to getting rehabbed and never would have gotten better. She said, "Just talk about it out loud and pretend I am not here.  I won't say anything.  Only if you ask me."  This shows how patient she was with him and truly wanted to help him.

2.  I think he definitely needed his rehabilitation because without it he would have had psychological issues for the rest of his life.  That's only if he would've survived the war.   I think it would be a little uncomfortable to have him live in my neighborhood knowing that he killed a lot of people, but since he went through rehab I wouldn't mind it that much and would feel a little more safe.

3.  A theme in the book and is also dialogue was when the nurses and rehab workers continuously told Ismael that "None of these things are your fault."  It was said multiple times throughout the time he was at the rehab center.  At first he got mad whenever one of them said it, but towards the end he didn't mind.


4.  "I do not know what happened, but when I woke up the next day I felt as if i had had nails hammered into the bones of my foot and my veins were being chiseled.  I felt so much pain that I was unable to cry out loud; tears just fell from my eyes.  The ceiling of the thatched-roof house where I was laying on the bed was blurry.  My eyes struggled to become familiar with my surroundings."   I liked this passage because it has a lot sensory details to help imagine the situation better and what he was going through.  Also, it shows the consequences of being in war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.