Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cory Smith

Cory Smith
English 1110.13 1:15-3:15
9/11/14

      My poem inspired by Pilippe Peitit and for 9/11 is a two stanza poem following the pattern AABBCCD.
Called, "Impossible is Nothing" I used quotes actually said by Philippe in italicized, every other line. The poem in general is about his success in achieving his goal of tight roping across the twin towers. In revising, I changed the quotes and some lines to make it not all about Petit's story but to make it your own. So if the reader does not knowing who's quotes the italicized lines are it becomes a poem of encouragement to anyone trying to follow their dreams and to never give up.


Impossible is Nothing

You need dreams to live
Something that makes you feel alive
Impossible
All your dreams can be made possible
I know it's impossible. But I know I'll do it!
You cannot quit
So let's start working

You must not fall
Stand up tall
You must move forward
Straightforward
Trust your feet! Let them lead you; they know the way
Your own success will come one day
Life should be lived on the edge of life




2 comments:

  1. Awesome attitude and message in your poem dude. Very straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your title to your poem, I think it describes what happened really well. I also like how you show his motivation to complete his dream.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.